Sunday 13 February 2011

MIX: 2011.02



























MIX! BOREDOM! JOY! RECENT FAVOURITES!

Again: No theme. Five songs from 2011. One from way back. All hits. The cat approves of all selected songs.

RANGE ROVER - THERE’S NOTHING FOR ME HERE

This song isn't nearly seven minutes long. It's clearly not more than 3 and a half.

LOWER DENS - BATMAN


The best single released so far in 2011, or just my current favourite band?

MAZES - MOST DAYS

Two joyous minutes of noisy pop that you can lose yourself in almost every day.

NATURAL CHILD - DOGBITE

This sounds as cool as the girl on front cover of the 7'' looks. (ie. VERY.)

MYELIN SHEATHS - DO THE MENTAL TWIST

When this was released, I wasn't completely convinced. But on revisiting after listening a lot to the album released late last year, all I can say is: I was wrong. This is clearly awesome.

COASTING - SNOOZEFEST

Awesomefest.

TROGONS - PROTEST SONG #678

I was really meant to go to London this weekend, but then decided not to. Instead I listened to Trogons pretending I was in Brixton to see them support Dignan Porch and Weekend on Saturday. That's a good line-up! Also: Tune!, as they would say over there.

SEX BEET - DIRTY BOOTS

Also from London. Also noisy girl fronted pop. Is that a pattern emerging? (Also: tune!)

TRONICS - FAVOURITE GIRLS

Old song alert! Hit alert!

Yr my favourite girls.

NO JOY - GHOST BLONDE

It does a great job of finishing one of 2010's best albums, so I expect that it will do an almost too good job of ending this most humble mix. This is a long two minute shoegaze song.

Download:
Mediafire 

No comments:

Post a Comment